RSS

♥Where is all started♥

I have always had pets, since before I could remember. I hear stories about them from my family, and even tho I don't remember each and every one of them, they still took a place in my heart. 

The first pet I remember adopting was when I was about 9 or 10 years old. My aunt brought home a chow mix puppy, all fluffy and cute.



A few days past and we all put names into a hat, none of us could agree on a name for the little ball of fur. The names were drawn and 'Reiley' won! He was one of the first I remember and he was also the first time I seen someone abuse an animal of any kind. Months went by and he was an amazing dog, I remember coming home from school to find Reiley crying in the back yard when my cousin and I got to him, he was laying on his side with a hole near his hip, and you could see right into him. I cried and felt sick, screaming for my mom my cousin and I took him inside. After our parents looked him over, we took him to the vet he was still bleeding and no one had known how long he was outside. The vet said it was a perfect cut, with something like a razor blade or even scissors. After that all I remember is my cousin and I had to leave the room, and Reiley didn't come home with us. He wasn't even a year old, and when I think about it now, I know what happened and I have a pretty good idea who did it to him. That was well over 10 years ago and I still feel sick to my stomach, and confused on how someone could hurt an animal, a puppy, a part of our family. Now I am all teary eyed, and going to walk away from a bit. This little guy was the first of our adventures but not our last. I will post more later. Thank you for listening.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: